FUTBOL DÜNYASI

DÜNYA TRANSFER HABERLERİ, DEĞERLENDİRMELER, İNCELEMELER, FOOTBALL MANAGER 2005 OYUN İNCELEME SİTESİ, DİĞER OYUN İNCELEMELERİ

 

Nisan 18, 2005

I DON'T KNOW IF TODD MEANT IT



Arsenal striker Robin van Persie says he does not know whether Blackburn defender Andy Todd deliberately went out to injure him in Saturday’s FA Cup semi-final.
The Dutchman met with Todd’s elbow after turning away to celebrate his second goal in the 3-0 win.

"Initially, because I was turning to celebrate, I was unaware of Todd approaching," he said. "I am not sure if it was accidental or not but it was strange.

"It’s hard for me to judge if it was an accident but he wasn’t anywhere near me and then he was suddenly jumping into me with his arm up.

"My mouth is still bruised and sore but there are no stitches. I was dazed but not concussed."

Todd, meanwhile, has proclaimed his innocence: "People are talking about it but I would like to say that it was a pure accident.

"I turned to go back to the centre circle and he ran into my shoulder.

"I don’t know what it looks like on TV but all I did was turn on him.

"I offered my apologies to their players but they didn’t want to know.

"If that’s their attitude, then fair enough."

The incident will be investigated by the Football Association

0 Comments:

Yorum Gönder

<< Home